FacebookTwitterPinterestInstagramTumblrGoogleYouTube

RSS Feed Print
Moonlight & Whiskey, my first workshopped manuscript
Tricia McKee
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 9:36 PM

Hey All, and yessss, I just posted this in a sub cat., but I really, really, really want some critiques, and I will be giving more as well...

Writing newbie here. Just posted the first six chapters of my first manuscript. Moonlight & Whiskey is a contemporary romance set in New Orleans about a "curvy" female engineer and a hot bad boy Rock God learning to love each other, and in the heroine's case, herself too. I would love for anyone to read and give feedback. I am interested in critiques that give it to me strait: Don't be mean, but don't sugar coat it either. I love writing like it's what I'm meant to do with my life...I just don't know if I have the chops to back it up.

Moonlight & Whiskey is planned to be one of three in a series and WARNING: contains explicit language, graphic sex and copious amounts of gratuitous nudity with lots and lots of happy endings (see what I did there?) Anyway, please give it a read; it's a little over 20,000 words ( around 20% of the novel). Hope it melts hearts, panties, boxers, tidy whities, Etc.

Thank yall

Tricia McKee (T.C. McKee)

DianaRoseWilson
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2015 11:24 AM

Moonlight & Whiskey is a fun read!  Stop what you're doing and get back to writing.  

I made some notes last night and posted it. I can tell this is an early draft but this is such a fun story, I wanted to give more encouragement and poke other people to read it as well.   Do it. It's fun.

Thank you so much for sharing it Tricia.

-DRW-

hmjmdeleon
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2015 2:17 PM

Liked it a lot! Great imagery, likeable characters, enjoyable read.

Jump to different Forum...